Thursday, September 13, 2012

'Blogography' is what they call them.

So, I'm taking this blogging class at my school, Jeffco Open School. My initial inspiration for taking this class was the little bind I found myself in whilst applying for freelance writing jobs online, and finding that I had to know how to 'blog.'(As a verb.) So I started taking this class, and found out some pretty interesting facts about 'le blog;' such as blogging was originally done on paper and it was a news updating system essentially, that informed persons on what was going on withing a specific subject, which to me was fascinating. But, obviously from the title of this post I'm not telling you about my class, or my school, or my aspirations for writing, no... I'm writing not a bibliography, but a 'blogography' is what they call them.

So let's cut to the chase. My name is Odin. I'm a philosopher, a metalhead, a hippie, a daydreamer, and a Viking. I'm interested in a ridiculous amount of things, but primarily everything. I'll probably mostly be posting about my views regarding the basic issues in the world  and what mankind has done to this planet- in my opinion, and the problems I see, not recycled words and opinions from every bodies most loved or hated media source.

My personal opinion is:
If everybody on the planet were to go into nature with no man-made devices and created their own means for survival, entertainment, and ultimately life, everybody on the planet would feel more wholesome, happy, and capable.
We've conventionalized, linearized, and made bland the world that brought us life. Nobody has freedom anymore, because they have to do something by somebody elses' standard to simply survive. Nobody should have to have money to be alive, we're limiting ourselves with convenience which is ultimately preventing us from having the skills to keep ourselves alive, so then we have to rely on an abusive system for stability.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

2 comments:

  1. Cool article, it made me thing in that last paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the philosphical take on the "blogography." I appreciate a bold stance on the world and life in general. However, I appreciated a lot of what society has to offer me. I love the way people interface with one another. There is no equality or even equity... but it certainly makes living interesting.

    ReplyDelete