Monday, September 17, 2012

Standards.

From my studies of people, something I've come to question are people's standards.
I accept that I may be wrong in my analysis here, but to me it appears as if people follow the same evolutionary pattern psychologically, as animals do over long term evolutions. We adapt our views, traits, habits, everything to where we are. Although we do attempt to evolve our environment to us, we still always mould one way or another to where we are- I don't see anything wrong with this. Where I'm going with this though, is as children in elementary school, through middle school, and even through high school you're always asked: "What do you want to do/be when you grow up?" Almost implying that a singular activity is supposed to describe you. This mixed along with college prices, and laws requiring licences to sell almost anything, and so on prevents people from being able to do many things, what I'm getting to is that I feel like everybody is meant to evolve throughout their life to want to do many things and this closed minded competitive atmosphere of today's world is inhibiting it.

So I'm sure somebody is thinking "Well that's just depressing... Thanks asshole." but that's not the point. I'd like to suggest something to anybody who happens to read this: If you ever want to do something in life do not hesitate. Do not leave it as a dream, you'll often be surprised with the experience you find, and sometimes you won't. Even when it isn't the result you had hoped for, you will always gain something, you will learn at least something and grow in some way. Do yourself the favor, give yourself the experiences you want.
-Odin.

No comments:

Post a Comment